Ready to Adopt
Please see our Facebook page for more pics and videos of our fur-friends and their funny antics!
- Fill out Adoption Application.
- Upon receipt, we will process the application within the next 3-5 business days.
- You will receive a call from an FAF coordinator to schedule an initial consultation to learn more about what you are looking for in a new addition. This can be done either in person or over the phone, at FAF's discretion.
- Next, we schedule a “meet and greet” where you get the chance to meet your potential pup in person.
- Lastly, we do a home check where we bring your potential pup to your home, make sure that you have a safe environment, and then if all goes well we finalize paperwork. Adoptions are $250 and include spay/neuter, microchip, initial vaccination, and deworming. All dogs are tested for intestinal parasites, and adult dogs are tested for heart worms. (rev. 09/21/16)
Note: These steps are subject to change depending on each individual situation, but are generally how the adoption process goes. Our goal through this process is to find the right match for both pups and people, which might require additional meetings at the discretion of the adoption coordinator.
At FAF we strive to find suitable, loving fur-ever homes for Hawaii’s less fortunate dogs, with the intent of keeping them from ever re-entering the shelter system. To achieve that goal, we provide foster homes that are devoted to providing indirect training, as well as lots of personal attention, to help rebuild the trust that is often broken in rescue animals. Through experiential learning with socialization, life-skills, leash and potty training, our goal is to help ease the transition of our dogs into their fur-ever home.